What is MTSS?
MTSS is a systemic approach to decision-making for excellence and equity within a culture of continuous improvement that focuses on successful outcomes for all students both academically and socially/emotionally.
This systemic approach:
- Focuses on being proactive, not reactive;
- Is about all students;
- Focuses on layered prevention and intervention;
- Uses evidence-based practices for both instruction and intervention;
- Utilizes many data sources;
- Is a collaborative team driven approach;
- Utilizes formal action planning procedures